Sunday, July 4, 2010

What is the Disney Quest?

The Disney Quest is my personal quest to watch as many Disney movies as possible before my next trip to Disney World, and I'm going to do my best to drag Jason along on this quest with me. When will that be? Well, we plan to go to Disney World for our honeymoon, and since the wedding won't be for awhile we have at least a year and a half. After each movie I plan to do a brief blog post detailing my thoughts on that movie and anything else I feel like talking about. In between there may be other blog posts about Disney or Disney World in general.

Which movies?
Yes, there are many, many Disney movies. Obviously I don't think I can watch every single one. The ones that will have priority will be any Disney movies that have a featured ride in Walt Disney World, or are the typically well known animated classics. If time allows, others will follow based on how well known they are, how important they are to the Disney experience, and how much I like them.

Why do this?
I loved Disney movies as a kid, and have seen most of them. However, there are many I haven't watched in a long, long time. Also, Jason and I want to have the experience of watching these favorite movies together before the trip to the happiest place on earth.

Will it be possible?
Good question. As of right now, I'm not sure what my goal is. I think we can definitely get in at least the major films that have big rides in Disney World. We'll try for as many as we can. The big complication will come from the fact that Jason and I will be at least an hour away from each other, so it's not like we can watch a movie every night or even necessarily every week. But we'll do our best and see how it works out!

Now, my question for you: which Disney movies do you think we absolutely have to watch? Which are your favorites, and what do you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment